Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Concerts and Comedy

Last week I had the amazing opportunity to see the Afters, Sanctus Real, and Casting Crowns in concert as a part of their Come to the Well tour. They were incredible!

I mostly went for Sanctus Real, even though they only sang about 5 songs. I have been a fan of them ever since I started listening to Christian music a lot, but their latest album, "Pieces of a Real Heart," has meant the most to me. It came out at a time in my life when I was struggling a lot spiritually and emotionally, and every song on that album blessed me in some way. But it was great to see Casting Crowns, one of the first artists I started listening to when I started going "rebellious" and listening to that "devil music with a beat," and The Afters as well.

The Afters were on first. Here they are belting out "Never Going Back to OK."

From Blogger Pictures

Sanctus Real next. Awesome guys.

From Blogger Pictures

This is not the most flattering picture of him, but I think I might have a wee bit of a musician crush on Matt, the lead singer. Is that allowed? ;-)

From Blogger Pictures


Here's my favorite song of theirs, "I'm Forgiven," which they performed at the concert.

Casting Crowns was last. They are fantastic live, and I will definitely be downloading their new album when it comes out. The songs they sang from it were great.

From Blogger Pictures


Overall, a great night. If you enjoy Christian music, check to see if the Come to the Well tour is coming to a town near you!

On Friday night, Andrew and I went to a comedy show at the club on post. I won tickets by answering a question correctly on the Ft. Bliss MWR's Facebook page. I didn't care for two of the acts; although they did make me laugh plenty, they just weren't the kind of comedians I enjoy. But the 2nd act I thoroughly enjoyed. The comedian was Steve Hofstetter and he is hilarious. He does use profanity a lot, but he is not nasty just for the point of being nasty (which is why I hate the majority of comedians--is normal life not easy enough to make fun of without resorting to non-stop filth?). Here's a good bit of his if you've never heard of him:

Anyway, it was a fun week for live entertainment!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh Casting Crowns and the Afters will be at First Baptist @Jax Nov 17, I really want to go! I think Aunt Terri is coming too :)

    ReplyDelete