Sunday, October 23, 2011

12 by 2012


How is it almost November already?? I saw an idea on a blog I started following called "12 by 2012." Basically it's a list of 12 things you want to accomplish by the new year. I've planned to do these things anyway, but putting them down and posting them for everyone to see will hopefully give me some accountability! So, here's my list!
  1. Get registered for school.This is a given, but registering for school is always a huge pain in the butt, so I've been procrastinating. And what happens when you procrastinate about registering? The good classes fill up!
  2. Finish organizing and decorating the house, specifically the office and master bedroom.
  3. Start learning Spanish.
  4. Establish a training schedule for the El Paso ½ marathon in February. My goal is to finish around 2 hours this time!
  5. Perfect the process of making lattes with my espresso machine, as well as my own flavoring syrups.
  6. Mercilessly pare down my book collection. If I didn’t love it and am not likely to reread it or insist someone else borrow it, out it goes.
  7. Read 25 new books (via the library or finally biting the bullet and buying a Kindle). The one I’m in the middle of now, The Whistling Season by Evan Doig, can count as #1.
  8. Do more weeding of my closet and wardrobe, and also attempt to finally pinpoint what my style is so I am more purposeful when I shop.
  9. Plan out a list of things I’d like to do for date nights. There always seem to be a lot of things we want to do that we never get around to doing, and then we regret it once we’ve moved again.
  10. Get involved in our new church. Right now we are just kinda “lost in the crowd.”
  11. Find more crockpot recipes I like in preparation for being busy again come January.
  12. Get organized for Christmas early, since we are going to be gone for part of the month. 
There you go! I'll keep you updated on my progress. =)

3 comments:

  1. Good goals!
    I should establish a few of those for myself as well.
    Maybe someday I'll get around to doing a half marathon. I'm only at 3 miles currently but it's getting easier. My 16 yr old brother just ran a 30K in less than 2 hours and he never ceases to amaze me.... boys and their energy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea! I may just have to make one of my own. Thanks for the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw that Amazon dropped the price of their kindles from $114 to $80! And David said the classics are usually free.

    Heh I need to clean out my closet, in anticipation of moving. I'll probably just get rid of two or three things, as usual....

    ReplyDelete