Sunday, November 20, 2011

ABCs of Thankfulness

I used to enjoy doing this survey back when I used LiveJournal so I figure I'll continue the tradition. You will probably note that quite a few letters end up being a food or beverage. What can I say--I love food and beverages! ;-)

A - Army. It's not always an easy life, but I love the Army. It's awesome being part of something I believe in, it puts a roof over our heads, gives me adventures I'd never have otherwise, and allows me access to various benefits such as an amazing gym for free and a cheap place to get groceries. I also love the Army community (well, at least the cool percentage, haha). I'm also thankful that Andrew is enjoying his job, at least for now. =)

B - Butter. Butter makes the world a better place.

C - Cats. Without cats, my life would be lacking a good deal of laughs, affection, and companionship. Cats are such amazing creatures.

D - Dessert. I would be a miserable person without means of satisfying my sweet tooth.

E - Exercise. I'm glad I've grown to love it. I'm thankful for such an amazing gym to go to with such amazing trainers!

F - Friends. I have some of the best friends anyone could ask for. Considering I grew up close to friendless, this is something I'm grateful for every day. =)

G - Gas. Specifically, the fact that gas is now below three dollars here at Ft. Bliss.

H - Husband. I love my husband and I love being married. =)

I -In-laws. I'm pretty sure I have the best in-laws ever. Leaving out the fact that they spoil me way too much, they are wonderful people and so much fun to be around. I can totally be myself around them, and therefore I always look forward to visits to Michigan because I know they are going to be totally relaxing and devoid of any drama or the feeling of walking on eggshells.

J - Jesus. I'm thankful He died for me.

K - Kissing. It's fun, whether it's husbands or cats. ;-)

L - Literature. Books are awesome.

M - Mountains. They are so beautiful. I'm glad I'm getting to live near them once again. I'd rather have mountains than beach any day.

N -Nutrition. The study of nutrition is so fascinating to me and I become more and more obsessed with it all the time. I'm thankful that the truth is coming out about a lot of nutritional myths that have been popular for the last few decades and that people are starting to make healthier choices as a result.

O - Old Navy. It's one of my favorite places to shop.

P - Pizza. Yum.

Q - Quiet. Everyone needs some quiet in their lives, and as bored as I sometimes get these days, I am thankful for this period where I get to enjoy a quiet life. The busyness will start up again soon enough, so for now I'm making the most of it.

R - Root Beer. I don't let myself have soda too often, but when I do drink it, it has to be root beer.

S - School. I'm thankful I was finally able to make the jump this year and begin my college education. As stressful as school is sometimes, I thrive on it.

T - Texas. I may have pitched a fit about coming here at first, but it has grown on me. I don't want to live here forever but I am enjoying getting to experience a different culture. Texas definitely has a cult following, in a way! Haha

U - Unlimited. I pretty much love whenever anything is unlimited. ;-)

V - Vegetables. I'm glad I enjoy a good variety of vegetables. It makes being healthy a lot easier.

W - Wine. When you are sad, it makes you feel better. When you are happy, it makes you even happier. When you are stressed, it helps you relax. When you are with friends, it contributes to the laughter and the memories. Hooray for wine!

X - I think I'm going to skip X.

Y - Yoga. I'm glad I stopped being scared of it and jumped in. It's amazing and I know it's going to do a lot of positive things for my body.

Z - Zinc. It keeps you healthy and is found in such yummy foods as lobster, beef, and beans. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment