Thursday, January 5, 2012

Turkey Pesto Pizza

Last week when I went grocery shopping, I discovered turkeys were still on sale for a cheap price. I made one on New Year's Eve, and of course had leftover turkey. None of my turkey leftover go-tos were sounding appealing last night, so I was racking my brain to come up with something else. It hit me that I was in the mood for pizza! There are so many different kinds of chicken pizzas, so why not turkey?

I whipped up a batch of my favorite quick pizza dough first. This recipe isn't the most restaurant-style crust, since it doesn't call for rising, but it's great for nights like last night when I suddenly had an urge for pizza but didn't have several hours to wait around for dough to rise. I spread the crust with pesto and then topped it with lots of cheese and then shredded turkey. Andrew loves mushrooms and peppers on his pizza, so I added those to his side, and to my side I added halved cherry tomatoes.

It was delicious! I'm definitely adding turkey pesto pizza to my repertoire of meals featuring leftover turkey.

As usual, I forgot to take a picture until after I had already dug into it. ;-) So of course this picture is not the best representation of my creation, but here ya go anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, that looks delicious! And I bookmarked that pizza dough recipe because I've been wanting to try making it by hand.

    ReplyDelete