Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Little Deviants

These little cuties look so sweet and innocent, don't they?


Think again.

Take this cutie, for instance:
He takes it upon himself to decide when I'm sleeping too long. Once he has come to this decision, he jumps on top of my dresser thing by my side of the bed. Then he proceeds to slowly knock my things off, one by one, stopping to sit and stare at me in between to see if that item's destruction has worked on me or if he should go on to another. Cell phone...glasses...Kindle...lotion...all goes onto the floor with a flick of the paw until I wake up and swat him down. It was funny for awhile but now I'm starting to worry about the consequences of my Kindle hitting the floor so many times. Time to find a more secure place for my stuff!

And now for this one:

He has a serious addiction: cat treats. This addiction has led him to desperate measures. Despite the fact his parents are probably more generous with the treats than they should be, he is not above breaking bags open with his teeth and devouring all the treats therein if said bags are left out. When his parents started making sure to never leave any more bags of treats out in the open, his descent into crime went rapidly. Soon he had figured out how to jump on the counter, pull the cabinet where they are kept open with a clever paw, knock down the treats, and consume them quickly before he was caught. 

Unfortunately for the Albus cat, he has finally been thwarted. 

This cute little plastic container is impenetrable by any species lacking opposable thumbs. 


Gotcha, you little miscreant.


7 comments:

  1. Aww poor Albus. He needs to go to kitty rehab to get over his addiction :P

    Reilly is really just doing it for your own good. Almighty Alarm Clock Kitty knows how long you need to sleep....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! This is part of why I love cats ... they keep life interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, I love cats! They have such personalities, though I agree, they can be a pain sometimes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HILARIOUS. I love cats.

    If we accidentally close our bedroom door at night and Barley wants out he scratches the head of our box spring mattress so that we can't reach him to swat at him and we have to wake up and let him out if we don't want our mattress to be destroyed. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! How do they figure this stuff out? lol Cats are so much smarter than most of the population gives them credit for!

      Delete
  5. Hahaha, the knocking things up to wake you up thing is hilarious. Achilles sometimes tries to push me off the bed. He hasn't succeeded yet, but I'm sure given time....

    ReplyDelete