Wednesday, November 9, 2011

How many cups in a quart?

I have the worst memory for numbers. I don't know how many times I've been cooking/baking something in the kitchen and had to run over to my computer to figure out a kitchen conversion. No matter how many times I look them up, I never remember. I've seen a lot of ideas on Pinterest of storing things like grocery lists and recipes on the inside of cabinets, so suddenly it dawned on me today: make a conversion chart and put it on the inside of my baking cabinet!

I found this handy 2-page chart on the very first Google link that popped up. Not only does it have the basic conversions, it also has some other handy info like baking pan volume, how many marshmallows make 3 1/2 cups, and freezer life guidelines for various foods. Cool, huh?

I had to Scotch tape them up for now, but next time I'm at the store I'm going to get some laminating sheets and double-sided tape.

Just thought I'd pass this on for anyone who is as forgetful in the kitchen as I am! =)

1 comment: