Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Going camping!

This, my friends, is where Andrew and I will be heading in about 12 days! Awhile back, I had asked him what he wanted to do on block leave. He said, "road trip." I said, "Okay!" Then I found out that Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park are about 14 hours from where we live, and the plan was made.

Just to warn you, though, we might not come back from this trip alive because:
1) I might have a heart attack and die from the beauty of it all.
2) We have never camped before, much less for a week out in the wilderness, so we might end up killing each other.

Haha. No we won't. But it is a fact that we are both as pigheaded as can possibly be, so let's all hope the tent goes up with no hitches. ;-)

I am ridiculously excited about a week of getting away from it all. No email, no TV, no internet, no incessant texting, no computer games, nothing. Just the two of us hanging out, having quality time in the middle of the mountains. I am also looking forward to all the weight I will lose, since I always look extremely slim and trim when we do a lot of hiking. I love hiking, and we haven't done any this year. I am also going to make a game of seeing how few personal items I actually need to live. The current plan is to pack nothing but shampoo/conditioner, cleanser/moisturizer, contacts solution, soap, razor (granted, this could be done without, but there's a difference between "roughing it" and "turning into Sasquatch"), deodorant, and toothbrush/toothpaste. No makeup, no delightfully-scented body washes, and no hair styling products. We'll see how that goes. Haha

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Sounds like it would be fun.....I would be much more content camping in a cabin haha but I cant wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! You will have an amazing time! Enjoy having Andrew all to yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I think this sounds like fun! I doubt I could ever actually go camping, but I do think the idea seems cool. lol

    ReplyDelete